Each nomination must include the following materials:
- A completed Application Form.
- A current resume or C.V.
- A statement of 1,000 words or less from the nominee devoted to describing their research or creative interests for graduate study and career aspirations beyond these studies. The statement should also include a discussion of the most relevant academic, professional, extracurricular, and personal experiences that have influenced or shaped the nominee’s interests and plans.
- A letter from the dean or administrative officer summarizing the reasons for the nominee’s selection.
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members that assess the nominee’s intellectual curiosity, character and potential for advanced graduate study.
- An unofficial copy of the nominee’s transcript. (Successful applicants will be asked to provide an offical transcript.)
- Candidates who wish to pursue an MFA degree must submit an artist’s supplement of up to five pages of original work.
Each nominated student must also submit a Financial Aid Data Sheet (completed by the student and certifying that the student qualifies for need-based financial aid) to the Program Director by the nomination deadline.