Each nomination must include the following materials:
- A completed Application Form.
- A current resume or C.V.
- A personal statement of 1,000 words or less from the nominee describing his or her background, interests, plans for graduate study and career aspirations. The statement should include a discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, plans and aspirations.
- A letter from the dean or administrative officer summarizing the reasons for the nominee’s selection.
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members that assess the nominee’s intellectual curiosity, character and potential for advanced graduate study.
- An unofficial copy of the nominee’s transcript. (Successful applicants will be asked to provide an offical transcript.)
- Candidates who wish to pursue an MFA degree must submit an artist’s supplement of up to five pages of original work.
Each nominated student must also submit a Financial Aid Data Sheet (completed by the student and certifying that the student qualifies for need-based financial aid) to the Program Director by the nomination deadline.