Each nomination must include the following materials:
- A Certification of Eligibility Form completed by the dean or administrative officer responsible for the nomination and a Financial Data Sheet completed by a financial aid officer certifying that the student qualifies for need-based financial aid.
- A completed Application Form.
- A current resume.
- A personal statement of 1,000 words or less from the nominee describing his or her background, interests, plans for graduate study and career aspirations. The statement should include a discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, plans and aspirations.
- A letter from the dean or administrative officer summarizing the reasons for the nominee’s selection.
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members that assess the nominee’s intellectual curiosity, character and potential for advanced graduate study.
- An official copy of the nominee’s transcript.
- Other material considered directly relevant to the nominee’s application.