In the order listed, please include one copy of the following:
Part A: Project Summary (if possible, Part A should be limited to one page, but should not exceed two pages):
- Briefly summarize the project, identifying its need and its long and short term goals.
- Identify the services to be provided and the community that will benefit from them (estimate the number of individuals served). Describe where your services are provided in Monmouth and/or Mercer counties.
- Describe the methodology used to evaluate the project.
- Include information on the percentage of each dollar raised that is used to support a benefitting activity of your agency.
How to make this calculation:
- This percentage is derived from data included in your agency’s IRS Form 990.
- On Line 25 of Part IX “Statement of Functional Expenses” divide total in Column B (Program service expenses) by total in Column A (Total expenses)
- This calculation will provide you the percentage of each dollar raised that is used to support a benefitting activity.
Part B: Agency Finances
- Attach agency’s total existing budget and actual income and expenses from the previous fiscal year.
- If funding is requested for a specific project, include the budget for that project and, if applicable, include the project’s actual income and expenses from the previous year.
- Attach most recent IRS Form 990 for the agency (not the audit).
- Detail all sources and amounts of existing and pending funding.
- Specify amount requested from the Borden Foundation.
Part C: Agency Structure
- List the agency’s current Board members (if not included in 990).
- Attach most current IRS letter denoting agency’s 501(c)(3) status.
Part D: Cover Letter
Proposals must include a cover letter that contains the following information:
- The name and mailing address of the Agency.
- The name, phone number, and e-mail address of the individual we should contact at the Agency.
Completed proposals should be sent to:
Mary Owen Borden Foundation
4 Blackpoint Horseshoe
Rumson, NJ 07760
Phone (732) 741-4645
Fax (732) 741-2542
Postmark the proposals on or before March 15 or September 15.
Simply use the United States Mail – No express or certified mail please. Please use paper clips only. DO NOT STAPLE. Thank you.