Our Mission and Vision
The Brush Foundation is working toward a future in which family planning world-wide is available, affordable, acceptable, effective and safe. Our mission is to support organizations that:
- Advance the freedom of reproductive choice
- Promote access to and utilization of direct family planning services
- Disseminate reliable information on reproductive health and choice
- Support effective, accurate and comprehensive adolescent education on reproductive health and sexuality
- Work toward responsible public policies for reproductive health
In accordance with its mission, the Brush Foundation funds three specific program areas: family planning/reproductive health, public policy and advocacy, and adolescent reproductive health and sexuality.
Family Planning/Reproductive Health
- Provision of direct services
- Public educational programs
- Provider training
Public Policy and Advocacy
- Reproductive health
- Reproductive choice
Adolescent Reproductive Health and Sexuality
- Direct reproductive services for adolescents
- Advocacy on behalf of teens
Other Program Areas
Since its inception in 1928 the Brush Foundation has been proud to maintain a very narrow focus on activities directly related to family planning and population. We remain acutely aware of the interdependent nature of many approaches to reproductive health and know that comprehensive reproductive health programs may address a wide range of activities, including HIV/AIDS education and prevention, gender equity programs, teen empowerment activities, prenatal care, maternal mortality, etc.
However, given the limited grant resources of the Brush Foundation, unless such programs have primary goals and objectives specifically relating to our funding priority areas they will not be considered in our grant making.
Please note that the Foundation does NOT typically fund videos, conferences, or teen theater groups. Additionally, the Foundation is prohibited by federal regulation from funding political campaigns or lobbying efforts.