As of January 1st the Burning Foundation is changing to an on line application portal. This means we will no longer be accepting applications over email.
Please wait to apply until January 1st when our on line portal is up and running.
Any outstanding final reports due from work complete in 2017 and 2018 are still accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will support:
- Environmental 501(c)(3) groups throughout Washington and Oregon who meet the stated areas of interest.
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) groups in Washington state that meet the stated areas of interest regarding teen pregnancy prevention.
- Grants are made for general operating expenses and/or special projects.
- Multi-Year Policy:
Groups who have received Burning funding for 3 out of 5 previous years may apply for a 3-year grant. Trustees may select one or two each funding cycle, based on an effective track record and a clear, achievable plan for future accomplishments. $20,000 year one, $20,000 year two, less than $20,000 year three. Trustees will make a site visit to each multi-year applicant accepted for consideration. An annual report is required, but in years 2 and 3 a brief update letter and budget summary will substitute for a pre-application and full proposal. (See Application Procedure, #4, below.)
We will NOT support:
- Requests for research projects or scholarships.
- Book, video, film, or web productions, unless the production is an essential component of the funded project.
- Requests from schools, universities, or their fundraising affiliates.
- Computer, software, or office equipment purchases.
- Programs related to energy conservation, alternative energy, nuclear waste, toxics, or global warming.
- Land/property purchase, or capital campaigns for building construction or renovations.
- Requests related to gardening programs, or the creation or renovation of urban or community parks.
- We no longer accept proposals for environmental education programs
- Average grant size: $5,000 to $12,000. Approximately $400,000 is granted each year.