We will support:
- Environmental 501(c)(3) groups throughout Washington and Oregon who meet the stated areas of interest.
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) groups in Washington state that meet the stated areas of interest regarding teen pregnancy prevention.
- Grants are made for general operating expenses and/or special projects.
- Multi-Year Policy:
The Foundation no longer accepts requests for multi-year support.
We will NOT support:
- Requests for research projects or scholarships.
- Book, video, film, or web productions, unless the production is an essential component of the funded project.
- Requests from schools, universities, or their fundraising affiliates.
- Computer, software, or office equipment purchases.
- Programs related to energy conservation, alternative energy, nuclear waste, toxics, or global warming.
- Land/property purchase, or capital campaigns for building construction or renovations.
- Requests related to gardening programs, or the creation or renovation of urban or community parks.
- We no longer accept proposals for environmental education programs
- Average grant size: $5,000 to $12,000. Approximately $400,000 is granted each year.