- All grant applications submitted to Friends of Fondation de France are first carefully considered by Fondation de France. Fondation de France examines whether the French charity effectively addresses its mission, inspects the documents supplied by the potential beneficiary and analyzes how the funding would be used for a particular project. Fondation de France then recommends that Friends of Fondation de France grant financial support to those projects.
- The Board of Directors of Friends of Fondation de France decides whether to accept the request. The Board meets regularly to make decisions on grants and projects.
- As funds are raised, Friends of Fondation de France monthly grants the funds to Fondation de France. Fondation de France will then award the funds to the grantee.
- To cover the legal, fiscal and administrative obligations of Friends of Fondation de France, 5% is withheld from each contribution for gifts up to $300,000. No further withholding is applied to gifts greater than $300,000. Installment payments are treated as separate contributions.
Please note that contributions by credit card incur an additional 4% fee charged by the credit card processor. You can avoid this fee by asking donors to contribute by check if you prefer.
- Some charities that are operated by or under the aegis of Fondation de France may be subject to additional withholding to cover administrative expenses in France. Contact us for more information.
- For approved projects, upon clearance of funds from contributors in amounts greater than $20,000, grants will be distributed in 10 business days. For gifts in amounts less than $20,000, grants will be distributed within 30 days. Please notify us in case of an exception due to an urgent need.
- Friends of Fondation de France requests that organizations which receive funds supply a detailed report, including specific information on how funds were spent, within one year of distribution of funds.