The Foundation provides grants, by invitation only, to not-for-profit organizations or county, town, or village units of government that have a proven record of providing services to older adults or their caregivers in Westchester, Putnam, and Dutchess Counties, NY.
The Field Hall Foundation does not accept unsolicited letters of inquiry or proposals. To identify potential grantees, program staff actively engages with a wide range of senior and caregiver organizations, community groups and other foundations; monitors ongoing and merging strategies; and invites proposals from potential grantees based on priorities set by the Foundation’s Trustees.
Giving is limited to Westchester, Putnam, and Dutchess Counties, NY.
The Foundation is interested in the following priority and focus areas:
Geriatric Care Centers
- Handicap accessibility and safety
- Quality of life
- Program delivery
Social Service Programs
- Home-based care services
- Social work
- Food insecurity of older adults
- Transportation options for older adults, caregivers, or home health aides
- Elder abuse intervention
- Alcohol and other substance abuse prevention and intervention
- Respite services for spouses or relatives caring for older adults at home
Potential grantees that fit into our focus and geographical areas also need to meet the following criteria:
- Have an annual operating budget of at least $1 million*
- Have a full time, paid executive director*
- Have a board of directors with adequate scope of expertise (Not-for-Profit organizations)
- Have a history of providing direct services to elders and/or their caregivers in our geographical area, or have an interest in expanding a program to our geographical area
*does not apply to mini-grants
Types of Support
The Foundation will consider projects for the following types of grants:
- Project and Program Support
- Capital Improvement Grants
- Mini-Grants: We will also consider funding smaller grant requests that fall into the above areas.
We do not award grants to individuals or other foundations, or for general operating support, major capital projects, capacity building, scholarships, matching grants, loans, or endowment funds.