The best way to approach The Hershey Foundation for a grant is to submit a letter of inquiry (LOI) as directed below.
All forms are now accepted, exclusively, on-line.
Please review the Grant Guidelines and FAQ pages before creating your account or submitting an LOI.
To begin the process, click on the following link:
New Applicants please click “Create New Account” to begin the registration process.
Returning Applicants please enter your logon credentials and click “Log On“.
Step one. . .
- Log in at the above link and submit an LOI through the on-line form.
- Upon review, we will determine if your request is a good match with our funding priorities.
- You will receive notice by e-mail.
- If there is an interest in funding your request, a link to submit a full proposal will be included in the e-mail following the guidelines listed below.
Step two. . .
Log-on to your account to work on or submit your proposal. Be prepared to provide the following:
- an explanation of the program to be funded including objectives and goals, time frame, budget, and other sources of funding
- organizational overview including mission, history, and services provided
- most recent annual report and financial statement
- current list of officers, directors, or trustees
- copy of the IRS letter designating nonprofit charitable status
- approval of the executive director and or chairperson of the board
If you have questions, please visit the FAQ page. Unanswered questions can be addressed at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hershey Foundation meets twice a year to approve grants. Full grant proposals need to be submitted for review by the due date.
LOI Due Notification Full Proposal Due Notification
December 1 December 15 January 15 March
June 1 June 15 July 15 September