CURRENT AREAS OF INTEREST
The Lazar Foundation’s specific environmental interests in the Pacific Northwest are listed below. The Foundation accepts inquiries for projects related to these interests, except from Alaska.
- Conservation of large, biologically significant terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems.
- Preservation of biological diversity.
- Projects that broaden the environmental movement.
- Projects that strengthen or increase the capacity of the environmental movement’s ability to develop, shape, and communicate its message.
The Foundation has additional program interests for which proposals are accepted by invitation only.
The Lazar Foundation does not accept proposals for the following issue areas:
- Land acquisition or land trusts
- Environmental education
- Computer-related expenses
- Civic projects.
- Endowments or capital campaigns.
In addition, the Foundation will usually not fund the following:
- Film or video
- Urban issues or suburban projects
- Conservation-based scientific research, unless it directly supports a project that the Foundation is currently funding, and then only rarely.
TOTAL DONATED IN 2014
[NOTE: Our deadlines have changed] The Foundation will award grants two times per year. Full proposals must be in our office no later than April 15th and October 15th. Early submissions are encouraged. Submit proposal as one PDF no more than 5MB large (multiple attachments will not be processed).