Areas of Interest:
- Medical research and care for the treatment, prevention and cure of mental illness, especially as it relates to infants and for the prevention and treatment of substance abuse.
- Housing for children and adults; relief during times of crisis; and assistance with health and aging issues.
- Other areas within the Southeastern part of United States
- Distributions will be made in November of each year.
- The Application Deadline is July 1 of each year, firm.
- Applications must be date/time stamped no later than 11:59 pm on the due date.
- All information required must be complete at the time of submittal.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit applications in advance of the deadline.
For 2016 only, the application deadline for the John & Polly Sparks Foundation will be August 15 at midnight and NOT July 1. The online system is undergoing an upgrade and will not be available between July 1 and July 15.
The application will be available from July 15 until the deadline on August 15. Again, please note that this change is only for 2016. In 2017, the deadline will again be July 1, so please mark your calendars. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.
- Applicants will be notified in writing of the acceptance or rejection of their request generally by November 30 of each year.
- Organizations considered for funding must be classified as qualified public charities under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- The Trust does not make grants to individuals.
- In addition, the Trust generally does not provide funding for endowments, annual giving campaigns, debt reduction or financing, conferences and seminars, travel, and advertising.