Apply for a Grant
Applications are accepted by invitation only.
Unsolicited applications will not be acknowledged or considered.
The following procedures are for invited 501(c)(3) organizations applying for support in the areas of Healthcare, Relief to Those in Need and Education Funding as described in our areas of interests.
If you are interested in education scholarships for individuals
please contact the Foundation by e-mail.
- A completed Application Cover Page must be included with the application.
- All Required Documents listed below are required. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- If funded, the funded organization must submit a final report 30 days after the project end-date. An organization will not be eligible for future funding until a final report is submitted.
- If provided a multi-year grant, the funded organization will be required to provide annual progress reports.
- The Foundation may request additional information or progress reports from any funded organization if needed.
The following documents are required for all applications.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The completed Application Cover Page
- Organization Description (one-page):
- Provide a description of the organization’s history, mission, current and future goals.
- If the organization is a returning applicant, please provide a brief summary of the most recently funded project and its outcomes.
- Purpose of Request (maximum three pages):
- Project description including the purpose and amount of the request.
- Describe the audience served including demographic information. Be specific about the number who will be served.
- Describe the desired results of the proposed project/program.
- Explain how the request fits with the organization’s mission.
- Identify any project partners or collaborators, and/or the use of volunteers.
- Provide a list of action steps and a timeline for completion of the project.
- Should your application be funded, please explain how you plan to recognize the Foundation’s support.
- Evaluation (maximum two pages):
- How will the organization measure the success of the project/program?
- What information will be collected to support this evaluation?
- Project income and expense budgets, including pending or confirmed funding sour
- If applicable, please explain any additional fundraising to support this project.
- Attachments (All attachments are required):
- Cover page
- Authorized signature form
- Copy of the organization’s 501(c)(3) ruling letter
- Copy of the organization’s two most recently filed IRS Forms 990
- List of Board of Directors and officers, including their e-mail addresses
- Most recent financial audit or compilation, if available
- Current fiscal year operating budget
Submitting an Application
Only COMPLETED applications should be submitted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Completed applications should be sent by regular US mail to:
The Vincent J. Stark Foundation
13500 Pearl Road
Ste 136 #340
Strongsville, OH 44136
DO NOT send grant applications that require signature for delivery.
DO NOT submit grant applications by e-mail. E-mailed grant applications will not be considered.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact the Foundation.