- No more than five (5) pages – Font size no smaller than 11
- Do not include a cover page.
- Please use 8 ½” x 11″ paper using the number and letter sequence shown below for identification purposes.
- Each copy of Items 1-10 are to be paper clipped together (no staples).
- Please do not bind copies or put into folders.
- If a question is not applicable to your grant request, please list the number of the question and state “NA”.
These materials must be submitted on or before August 10th to:
The Harry Sudakoff Foundation
c/o Janet Lynn Dickens
Assistant Vice President
U.S. Trust, Bank of America Private Wealth Management
Plaza at 5 Points
50 Central Avenue, Suite 750
Sarasota, FL 34236-5743
- Submit two  copies of all materials.
- Items 1 – 9 should be no more than five (5) pages total.
- Item 10 may be a separate page.
- Legal name of organization (name on IRS exemption letter)
- Physical address and mailing address
- Contact person, title (including e-mail address, if available)
- Telephone number
- Fax number and web site address
- Amount of money requested for this grant application and total cost of the project
- Using no more than three (3) sentences, describe how grant funds will be used
- Mission of organization, primary goals, and recent major accomplishments of the organization.
- Project description (description must, at a minimum, address the following):
- Number of clients to be served by this grant
- The community need met by the proposal
- What other local agencies or services address the same problem(s) and how they do so—a statement of how your approach differs from or augments these services
- Plan for output measurement: the direct product of program operation (e.g. # of classes taught, # of participants served)
- Plan for outcomes measurement: the benefit to participants during or after participating in the program
- A timetable and/or work plan for the project
- If your project/program will cost more than you are requesting from us, indicate how you will fund the balance. Show any in-kind support, other grants applied for and/or funds already received on your project budget.
- If the program is ongoing, indicate a plan for continuing to fund the project after the initial grant period is over.
- A line item budget for the project in which you are applying. Include both revenue and expenses.
- Board members have a personal responsibility to contribute financially to the organization. During the current fiscal year, how many board members have contributed? What percentage of the board has contributed? What is the dollar range of gifts and total amount contributed?
- If applicable, letters of agreement from collaborating organization(s).
- Quotations from three separate sources for any individual item or system over $1,000 requested in the grant and outlined in the budget
- Amount of your agency’s endowment, if any; AND amount of endowment of affiliated organization and/or foundation, if any
- Where applicable, the percent of your annual budget that goes to your national affiliate. Will any percent of THIS grant go to your national affiliate?
- Copy of your organization’s audit or statement of income and expenses for the previous two years AND most recent 990 if applicable
- Current annual agency budget with year to date actual and variances (revenue and expenses). Include next year’s budget if available.
- A copy of the organization’s most recent 501(c)(3) determination letter, which is the IRS letter of exemption from federal income tax (not state sales tax exemption certificate) or other proof of federal tax-exempt status
- A list of the Board of Directors, their addresses and occupations
- A letter signed by the President/ Chairman of the Board authorizing submission of the proposal.
Note: If applicant is a foundation supporting a non-profit organization, Item # 8 should be answered for both foundation and organization. Items # 15, 16, 17 and 18 should be for both the foundation and the organization.