Applications to the Catherine Holmes Wilkins Charitable Foundation are accepted through Bank of America’s online grants portal. Paper or emailed applications are not accepted.
All grant requests — single-year and multi-year — must be submitted here: https://www.bankofamerica.com/philanthropic/grantmaking.go. Search for the foundation’s name on the drop down menu; this will take you to a link to the application form. Paper applications are no longer accepted.
The application narrative includes the following topics:
- Description of Request
- Description of Activities
- Sustainability Plan
- Demographics of Populations Served
- Program Financial Data
- Goals & Outcomes
- Organizational Financial Data
The application asks for the following attachments:
- Board of Directors list
- Organizational Summary
- Organizational Budget
- Project Budget
- Other Funding Sources
- Financial Statements
- Staff list
- IRS Determination Letter
Multi-year grants are awarded for 3-year terms. Multi-year funding requests will be considered if applicants meet the following criteria:
- Organizations which have never received a multi-year grant from the Wilkins Foundation are eligible to apply only if the organization has received at least 2 single-year grants from the Foundation within the past 5 years.
- Organizations which have received multi-year grants in the past from the Wilkins Foundation are welcome to submit a new multi-year grant request any time at least 2 years after the end of their last multi-year grant.
FORMAT: Multi-year requests use the same online application form as single-year requests. There is a field on the form where applicants are asked to indicate the timeframe for their request. If making a multi-year request, in your narrative please include information about the projected goals and activities over a three-year period. We recognize that the initial year will be described in greatest detail. Provide a projected three-year project budget, with greatest detail for the initial year. Recipients of a multi-year grant will need to submit brief interim reports during their grant period in order to secure subsequent payments. These interim reports must include an actual year-end budget (income and expenses) for the reported grant period as well as a projected budget for the year ahead.
Requests are reviewed and grants awarded 3 times each year. Proposals must be received:
- 2nd Monday of March (spring cycle)
- 4th Friday of June (summer cycle)
- 2nd Friday of October (fall cycle)