We will support:
- 501(c)(3) groups throughout Washington and Oregon who meet the stated areas of interest.
- Grants are made for general operating expenses and/or special projects.
- Multi-Year Policy:
The Foundation no longer accepts requests for multi-year support.
We will NOT support:
- Requests for research projects or scholarships.
- Museums or museum displays.
- Animal Sanctuaries.
- Book or film productions, unless the production is an essential component of the funded project.
- Requests from schools, universities, or their fundraising affiliates.
- Programs related to energy conservation, alternative energy, nuclear waste, toxics, or global warming.
- Land/property purchase, or capital campaigns for building construction or renovations.
- Requests related to gardening programs, or the creation or renovation of urban or community parks.
- Requests related to urban forests.
- Environmental education programs.
- Land Trusts that are primarily agriculturally focused.
- Requests from farms.
- Requests for habitat restoration in areas that have been fragmented by agriculture use.
- Requests for habitat restoration that does not restore habitat to its native state.
- Quasi-governmental organizations, such as:
- Regional Fisheries Enhancement groups
- Soil and Water Conservation Districts
- Watershed Councils
Applications must be completed in the same cycle in which the LOI is submitted.
If your organization’s proposal has been denied, please wait a year before re-applying.
Grants range from $5,000 to $15,000. Approximately $650,000 is granted each year.