We hope you and your family (and the families/clients you serve) are safe during these difficult and uncertain times. For the safety of our staff and those around us, we are continuing to work remotely until further notice. In response to so many others also working remotely, the Cummings Fund has decided to extend the changes we made to our proposal submission guidelines for our October 1, 2021 grant period:
- We cannot accept proposals sent by mail or by messenger.
- Please email your proposal with its one or two requests along with the required attachments as outlined within the Proposal Requirements page on this website to [email protected] no later than October 1, 2021.
- If you need to speak with a staff member, please email us at [email protected] and we will call you back at the phone number that you provide.
- If the Co-Trustees have an interest in further discussing your proposal, we will request a paper copy of your complete proposal, and a Zoom meeting will be scheduled at a mutually convenient time.
- All initial correspondences will please be by email.
As the organizations that we have supported over the years are facing many challenges in supporting their respective clients, the Cummings Fund anticipates continuing to give funding priority towards its long-time grantee organizations. That said, other grantseekers falling within our guidelines are yet welcome to apply.
The primary interest of the Frances L. & Edwin L. Cummings Memorial Fund is to support organizations operating in New York City and Northeastern New Jersey [view map] that provide programs and services in the areas of social welfare, education and health. The Fund has a special interest in youth programs located in these regions.
We are, however, unable to provide funding for programs within the cultural arts category.
We invite you to browse our site to determine if the work of your organization falls within our areas of interest.